Tuesday 14 January 2014

Week 1 Update | Not the 1st January Detox

Pictured: Arbonne Vanilla Protein, Pukka Detox Teas, Arbonne Spray Vitamin D + B12, Almond Butter, Almond Milk

As some of you may know if you follow me on twitter or instagram (AshlyLondon) I am taking part in a 30 day Detox. Well I am not going to lie to you, this week has been pretty trecherous at times. I had the worst headaches all week and for 2 days it was seriously bad, and I never get sore headS. I am putting it down to the caffeine withdrawl. I was always one who said "But I don't drink a lot of coffee",  I would have one every second day.  But I was having about 10 cups of tea a day!!! Now that adds up to a lot of caffeine,  I had never even thought of it before, duh.

I am happy to say now the headaches have passed, thank god. Not for the faint hearted.

As I write this I am actually sitting comfortably in a caffee with a green tea resisting the sugary biscuits kindly given to me.  One thing I have realised is that I had been feeding hunger with a Coffee, usually a lovely vanilla or gingerbread Latté at that.  My body was craving nutrients so I fed it coffee? Go figure! But it was a habit.  I would be running around town doing my meetings and errands stopping for a coffee and a muffin rather than lunch! Who else does that?  So if this detox has taught me anything so far is that I can go without all the Lattes, have lunch instead and maybe have one afterwards if I still fancy it.

Day 1 - Day 3
Side Effects: Major Headaches, literally no energy, slightly spaced out and can't stop wee-ing!
Feeling: Crap.
Body changes: None that I can see.
Sleep: Bed early on first few nights as I was so tired. Slept for 12 hours on day 2.
Cheated? I had 2 bites of pastry from a chicken pie

Day 3-6
Side Effects: Major Headaches eased around day 5 and 6. Still wee-ing a lot.
Feeling: Proud I managed to stay away from the caffeine.
Body changes: Maybe stomach is a little flatter.
Sleep: Not been able to get to sleep earlier than 2am.
Cheated? Struggling to put phone away at night and switch off. Other than that no cheating!

Day 7-9
Side Effects: Headaches completely gone. Bladder back to normal.
Feeling: Much much better, more alert, more awake! Realising I don't need caffeine to give me energy.
Body changes: Stomach definitely flatter.
Cheated? I had 3 oatcake type biscouts but pretty sure they had sugar in them.

Another great thing about this detox is that I have been venturing a bit more in to cooking, making lots of vegetable soups. Usually at lunch I would have a panini or sandwich so very pleased with this, not missing bread at all, in fact I forgot it existed until I saw it in the fridge (thanks mum).

I have been absolutely LOVING my smoothies and protein shakes. I can't even explain how yummy they are.  I always associated 'protein shakes' as something body builders had after a work out to put on muscle, I didn't think they were for a little bunny like me. Alas I was sadly mistaken.  You can get varietys for building weight, but the ones I have been indulging in are full of 21 essential vinamins and nutrients with 20g of the best protein.  Completely Vegan! So the protein comes from Pea, rice and cranberries. Who would have thought? Such a delightful idea.  The ones I have chosen are by a brand called Arbonne and come in Vanilla and Chocolate (links below). You can get the powder form or pre made in a carton (handy on the go).

My favourite smoothie recipe at the moment getting me through, especially when I am craving a desert, is the Cinnamon Bun Smoothie. It is so yummy.





Where to get your supplies
Vanilla Protein Powder (Vegan, no nasties, no artificial flavours, no sweetners)
Chocolate Protein Powder (Vegan, no nasties, no artificial flavours, no sweetners)
Vanilla Ready Made Shakes (Vegan, no nasties, no artificial flavours, no sweetners)
Chocolate Ready Made Shakes (Vegan, no nasties, no artificial flavours, no sweetners)
Fibre Boost (Vegan, no nasties, no artificial flavours, no sweetners) <-- out of stock

Guys you will need a referal ID to purchase these. You can use: 441140274


I am actually excited about what will happen over the next week and how I will feel. Please let me know if any of you are following a detox or have ever though about it?

Don't forget you can follow me on



8 comments:

  1. Awesome job! 30 days is a big commitment to detox! I can relate with the headaches, I'm doing a strict cleanse for 3 days and hurting! Arbonne products are awesome! Wish we had the detox products here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start the 30 day detox although my friends have started the 30 day detox with the above brand and have had amazing and fantastic results, from feeling lumpy to healthier, energetic and full of vitamin vibe!! Their skin is glowing and they feel one in a million, I'm not going to delay my detox program and start straight away

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such a bad headache for about four days when I cut out caffeine last year - it's so worth it though! Good luck with the rest of your detox :)


    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited to see how I feel over the next 3 weeks. So far so good x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear the headaches are going, that is a nasty side effect of caffeine... You will feel great after the 30 days. I'm thinking of doing one of these in February :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smoothie recipe sounds delish!
    Ellie,xx

    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam, any detox takes a lot of effort. So well down on the 3 days!! The great news is that you can get the detox products in Canada! Just go to http://www.arbonne.ca and you can use the referral ID above :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments :-) contact me on twitter @AshlyLondon I would love to chat with you xxx